Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby Whisperer

It's a bright and sunny Wednesday, besides my baby's crying, I can hear birds chirping and insects cracking outside my house. Well, so I thought. Just when I was saying it's a bright and sunny day, dark clouds started to form over my roof and the next moment heavy down pour! I haven't even thought of my topic for today.

Just now a blogger msn me, after reading my post she sensed my distress and wanted to share her story about parenthood. Chatting with her soon made me feel so much better and it felt like finally I have found someone that understood me and the situation I am facing. She gave me very valuable tips and shared with me how she handle her kids. She is a mother of a 2 years old and a 3 months old baby. Dealing with a toddler and a baby is definitely more stressful than me just handling with one. I felt relieved that I am actually not in isolation, many new mothers also faces the same challenges like me. Soon chatting with her seem like holding a conversation with a long lost friend. She is also from the same forum with me and later found out that I am the same person here. Small world right? Thank you Gina for your useful tips and stretching out your helping hand to someone you barely know. My spirits are uplifted now.

Been reading a self help book called Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. It's about learning the ability of understanding baby's every coo's and cries and how to set a flexible routine for baby. In her writings, she teaches using the method E.A.S.Y.–how to get baby to eat, play, and sleep on a routine that will make every member of the household’s life easier and happier. S.L.O.W.–how to interpret what your baby is trying to tell you (so you don’t try to feed him when he really wants a nap). Finished reading every single pages and now trying out her method. She believes that babies can be taught how to be independent starting from birth.

The book will only be useful if I try out myself, and true enough I have successfully learn how to identify when baby needs a nap and when she needs to feed. I am proud to say that Natalie is able to sleep on her own in her cot or playpen when she is tired. She doesn't need to be carried around all the time for her to get to sleep. Though she still needs pacifying, I now do that when she is lying on her cot. Giving her assurance that I will still be around, and letting her know that she is in a safe environment. I have also avoided all the things that will inculcate baby to bad habits. Overall this book is really worth reading and it gives a pretty good guidance to new mothers like me. I am able to respond to baby's needs correctly and also have my own personal time. It's not a miracle, but it's worth trying it out.

2 thumbs up for the book, I recommend to all new mummies to get a copy! It not only tells you ways of making your babies happy, it also tells you ways of making yourself happy!

When mother is happy, baby will be happy too!


I am an independent baby! I can play by myself and sleep in peace.


See me talk baby language! (30 seconds only)


See me laugh! (30 seconds only)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where to get this book? thks

Anonymous said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window,
www.watch4milestones.org
Best wishes, Samantha

Anonymous said...

I think that baby nat really looks like daddy! :)



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by DaPino Graphics
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates