Sunday, May 30, 2010

Natalie's HFMD symptoms - Day 2

She is being quarantined at home currently, together with Jeff and me at our space. As there are lots of other family members staying in the same house, we have to be real careful not to infect the rest.

The spots, blisters and ulcers are starting to form on her mouth, tongue, hands and feet, spots were also noticed at the buttocks area. She gets aggitated whenever we tried to feed her. Fortunately now she is able to take in small portion of porridge that I grained finely and make sure it is cooled down before introducing it to her. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to feed her and needs lots of patience and perseverance, no joke. It is certain that she has ulcers in her throat area too as she wines when drinking her favourite milk even when the milk is chilled already. I read through the various symptoms of HFMD and I know that it will get worst within the next few days and expected recovery is usually seen at day 6 to day 7 after diagnosis.

It pains me to see her go through such torment at her age. I have decided to let her stay away from school and only resumes back to school when she turns 3 years of age. This decision might be a little harsh but since I enrolled her to school this year March, I have never had a peace of mind. At first the form teacher told me that she suspect Natalie is and Autistic kid and kept encouraging me to take her for the test. Her suspicion was purely based on Natalie's behaviour in school during her first 3 -4 weeks. I was devastated for days and it also traumatised my family, I cried almost everyday and couldn't sleep well at night. Kept thinking what have I done wrong during pregnancy that may have affected Natalie's development.

Luckily it was a FALSE ALARM, Natalie is not autistic and she is 100% normal!



Natalie has been confined at home for the pass 2 days, she looked out the window although she did not throw tantrum or say anything, I knew she must have been wondering why she could not go out and play, and why she is kept in the room all the time. She is a brave girl, although she is in pain, she did not cry unreasonably. It upsets me but at the same time relieve that she is taking it very well.

She spends most of her time watching her favourite programs like Elmo's World, Baby can read, Eric the tiger and Hi5. She told me she loves me just now when I was playing with her.

I love you too Natalie, please get well soon! Mummy will be taking leave to stay at home to look after and play with you during these few days till you get better.

0 comments:



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by DaPino Graphics
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates