Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Natalie admitted to KK Hospital due to HFMD

My precious little girl was admitted to KK Hospital due to dehydration last Sunday, 30th May 2010. It was a traumatic experience that I wished I could trade places with her. Seeing her screamed and cry in pain when the houseman on duty tried to administer the plug in her little wrist made my heart stopped. When the houseman's unstable hands shivered and failed his first attempt almost made kicked him.

Fortunately I was still rationale enough and I stopped him from trying again (in a harsh tone). I demanded an experience doctor to inject the plug and he had to asked his senior MO to do it. At that moment it forced Natalie to shout out lots of words that I never thought she knew.

She screamed "Mummy I don't want!" ; "Mummy carry me!"; "Let's go home"; "Go mummy's room!"; "let's go!"; “為什麼!”;“我怕!”。Although I was devastated, I knew it was for the better so I was prepared to face it even though my heart was bleeding literately. Jeffrey was badly affected at the sight of Natalie shouting in pain, he pouched his fist at the hospital cabinet. I could understand what he was going through as we love Natalie so much and yet we were helpless and could only watched her suffer.


Finally after the 2nd attempted, the senior MO successfully inserted the plug and set the drip for Natalie. It was such a relieved for all of us, even for the nurses and MOs on duty.

She woked up few hours later, got very angry that her hand was immobilized by the drip and tried to pull it out. She kept asking me to take it off for her, I had to distract her by letting her watch her favourite DVD programs on my laptop.

I accidentally pulled out the plug on her hand when we were about to transfer her to another room. I wanted to kill myself as due to my carelessness Natalie had to go through the painful process of inserting the plug into her hand! I kept apologising to her and to Jeffrey, really felt like dying then.

Jeffrey went home to get her toys and my clothes as we had to stay with her throughout her hospitalisation period. She got angry when she could not utilise both hand to play her toys.


Daddy bought Elmo balloon for her to cheer her up. She looked so much better on Day 2 and she finally managed to drink 200ml of Apple Juice that Jeffrey bought from Mac Donalds.
That was the 1st improvement we saw.


On the 3rd day she drank her milk and accepted some porridge when I fed her. She didn't reject the meals and water and could eat regularly. The doctor gave the green light to discharge her but not clear from HFMD yet. I have to monitor her fluid intake everyday, the acceptable amount is 1 litre every 12 t0 16 hours. She will be cleared of HFMD this Sunday, really looking forward to her full recovery.


4 comments:

alice said...

So harsh on you and Jeff... could even share the same feeling even by reading your blog... not knowing what would happen to me if we were to switch... poor Natalie... F*** those disease and bacteria...

Noelle Ng said...

it was really unbearable and cruel for such things to happen. Sigh... but so glad it was over! Thanks for the care and concern! And your moral support! Very useful to me!

Bing said...

Oh my gosh! I can only imagine how traumatising it must have been for you and your husband. I'm glad Natalie is on her way to recovery. May she get well soon. She's a brave girl! Keep telling her that!

Noelle Ng said...

Thanks ladies!



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by DaPino Graphics
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates