Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday

Was feeling rather lousy last Saturday. I felt that my world has come tumbling down on me and there is nothing much to look forward to except to bring up my daughter. Wonderful, really wonderful. What I initially planned and wanted came true and now I am complaining about it. I sometimes wonder why did I take on such a big change in life? Am I really prepared for it, and if not, will I be ever ready for it? It, refers to motherhood/ parenting.

I had a talk with Jeff on Sunday and he finally admitted he is not very into parenting too. He loves to play with children/babies, but looking after them, he is a complete handicap. I asked him what makes me then? I was not inculcated for motherhood either but whenever Natalie screams and cries, he will naturally push her back to me. Sigh, I am not blaming him, I know majority of the MEN on earth do not score flying colors on babysitting. Jeff just raise up his white flag and surrender. I couldn't even leave the both of them alone for an hour together and watch TV in peace.

I was pretty upset about it, as I still have lots of plans ahead, I intend to go on a short trip to Taiwan sometime in July/August with Miko. But seeing Jeff fret and frustrated over taking care of Natalie makes me wonder if that is ever going to be possible. I refuse to submit to a NO, and I am going for sure! He knew I was depressed and came to me and said:

Don't worry, I will be around.

How not convincing that sounded. I should be the one returning the exact words back to him as I feel that I am more qualified to say that. Sigh......

WITH A BABY, IT EITHER MAKES A MARRIAGE OR BREAKS IT.

Agree?

He told me he is pining big hopes on striking lottery so he can engage a full time nanny to look after Natalie and then that will be perfect! Wahhahahaah FAT HOPE LOR! He is just trying to ridicule me, I guess.

Anyway, it's life and I cannot stuff her back to where she came from right? So we took Natalie out to Babyfair at TAKA on Sunday. Shopped for toys for her to self entertain, or for me to self entertain. Gosh there were throngs of people at Orchard road yesterday, popping out from the exit down under, left right centre... crazy! Initially I wanted to get some clothes, cosmetics for myself but when I was there I cannot shop for myself. I felt like I am a changed person, I only shop for baby items now, like her clothes, her toys, her feeding equipments etc etc. After that we had to rush back home just in case Natalie gets agitated. So there is actually no time for personal shopping. Spent close to $250 just for her toys and clothes!

Met Alice and Hilda baby at Taka Babyfair yesterday, Hilda baby really looks very cute, especially her big round eyes! Very attractive!

Young grandparents.
宝宝不要让你们看所以把两点遮起来。美女出浴,三点不漏, 很难得把!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

i think what u felt is quite normal. esp since u had a nanny during confinement.

for me, my mom helped me during confinement. i insisted she helps me in cooking the confinement dishes and hsework, whereas me and hb will take care of bb ourselves most of the time.

coz tts the time when me and hb will learn to tend to bb. no excuse of leaving everything to nanny and then surrender white flag after nanny left.

since u're sahm, all the more jeff will leave bb to u i believe.

men are men. no matter how gd they're as a husband, there're still things which they cant perfect.

my bb is now 1.5yr old. when bb was 1 yr old, i told hb it's time we've our own couple time again coz bb really takes up a lot of our time and energy.

sometimes i do feel like what u felt abt being a changed person. everything is now on bb, nothing for myself. so i always try to look on the positive side. it's a passing phase.

so cheer up, life has to go on, nobody pamper us, we pamper ourselves loh once in a while, dun nd to feel guilty.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My BB is just 4 months so i would say i am as new as you. I had excatly the same feelings you felt especially during my 3mths of confinement. I felt so strained and stranded even though my HB changes diapers and feeds my boy. I am just not happy at all and i feel so frustrated at times that i lose my emotions on my boy. However, things changed once i went back to work. I feel that my balance of life is back. So i strongly encourage you to get back to work so that you will feel balanced emotionally at work and at home. Now my mom and my maid helps to look after my boy in the day while i take full care of him once im home.

I feel much better right now. I know being a SAHM has its advantages but it depends very much on individual as well..if you cant strike a balance, you will make urself very miserable.

Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

wah lao... i typed a long entry for you lor... but for error msg.. all gone!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aiya lazy to type again... mommy noelle... you are thinking wrong way le... back to path k.. dun stress urself~ changed person then changed person lor, the fact is u r a mother now already what. This is what others will go thru eventually, ur fren around u may not be experiencing it now but in future their turn will come la! cheer up k!

Anonymous said...

my baby ger is only 1month plus, consider a very new mummy.. i'm trying 2 balance out my life too, quite frustrated esp when my baby crying during the nite while my hb juz carry on sleeping.. but i'm sure we'll balance our timing!! Stay Positive!!

Cheer =)

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm a SAHM too, my son is 2 yrs old, and i still feel the same way as u do. i agree i am a changed person too;like a better person but somehow also nastier, fussier?

Be prepared for more changes. give yourself time to adjust.

my name is lynette



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by DaPino Graphics
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates